Sunday 29 October 2006

Mum's 1st Entry

I've had another growth spurt this week. At least 2 people at work have mentioned that they can't believe how big I am after 3 months of pregnancy. Needless to say this has made me feel fantastic. The first growth spurt I had happened 2 weeks ago. I literally went to bed without a bump and woke up with one! I thought I had just been really unobservant before - there's no way this can happen overnight, then I tried on my work clothes. Whereas all my suit trousers had fit okay before I went to bed, now only one pair fit me. It really had happened that quickly. Emergency purchase of maternity trousers followed. To my dismay, when they arrived they were too big - what do I do now? I don't fit into maternity trousers and can't squeeze my bump into my old trousers. Out come the safety pins. For a week I was making these maternity trousers fit by using safety pins, until I discovered the most amazing thing. All maternity trousers come with adjustable waist bands! A fabulous invention that allows the trousers to grow with you. If only I'd discovered this before. Now it's a common fact that a woman's brain cells virtually disappear during pregnancy, but again, I'd hoped to keep my wits about me for a couple more weeks at least. Oh well, I have to say that the joy of knowing I have mine and Nick's baby growing inside me is worth the dementia, the sickness and the tiredness. I am very proud of my little bump, who by the way, I think is a boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment